If you are new to cannabinol (CBD), then this article was created for you. Our goal is to educate you on all you need to know about this compound and debunk several some myths and misconceptions about it.
CBD is one of over 100 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. CBD is one of the dominant compounds in cannabis, accounting for almost 40% of the plant’s extract.
Now cannabidiol can be found in both psychoactive cannabis (marijuana) and non-psychoactive cannabis (industrial hemp). However, today most commercial products are made with CBD sourced from hemp.
The CBD found in hemp is slightly different from CBD extracted from marijuana – the main difference is the level of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). As opposed to marijuana, hemp has far less THC, which essentially makes it non-psychoactive compound. To put it in simple words, using CBD from hemp won’t make you high.
The lower level of THC in CBD has made it a sought after compound for medical and cosmetic purposes. The CBD industry is growing at a very fast pace.
So, you may ask what are some of the major health benefits of this compound? Well, CBD can combat several minor and major health ailments including:
- Acne and other skin issues
- Anxiety and stress
- Insomnia and sleep disorder
- Fatal diseases like cancer and diabetes
- Pain relief
This is just a tip of the iceberg of the medical benefits of CBD.
CBD oil is one of the most popular CBD products. However, there are several other CBD products that you can choose to deliver a daily dosage of this compound.
- CBD capsules contain about 20mg to 25mg of CBD per capsule
- CBD concentrates can contain high levels of CBD.
- CBD topicals like lotion & cream can also be used to get a daily dosage of this compound.
- CBD sprays usually contain low levels of CBD.
- CBD vape liquids come with different levels of CBD and different flavors.
- CBD pet products are created to allow pets enjoy the health benefits of this compound.
It is important to consult your doctor to determine the exact CBD dosage that you can consume daily. CBD does not have any major side effects even if you overdose on it.
Considering the health benefits of CBD, chances are that it will continue to be used in the health and cosmetic industry so don’t expect to stop hearing about this compound anytime soon.